This statewide network of people living with polio is working with health care professionals in finding some answers for polio survivors who are coping with a myriad of problems. MPN’s primary purpose is to assist polio survivors in ways which will maintain or improve the quality of their lives.
Ongoing Projects Include:
2. A central registry of polio survivors
3. Assisting in establishing and furthering support groups
4. Publishing the Michigan Polio Network, Inc. Newsletter: Polio Perspectives
5. Promoting and assisting in valid research
6. Coordinating and communicating with State and National organizations
7. Disseminating information to the general public
8. Advocating for the interest of all Polio Survivors with State Government and Health Care Providers
9. Supporting the development of quality independent living
10. Encouraging the Dead Polio Virus immunization (SALK VACCINE)
To learn more about the Michigan Polio Network click here.
The Post-Polio Connection:
This is a support group for people living with polio that has been meeting since 1985. We are always welcoming new members! Lunchtime meetings are held at 12:30 PM at the Carlyle Grill on Jackson Road in Ann Arbor usually on the third Tuesday of April, July and October.
Meetings have three alternating formats:
1) Educational with an invited guest speaker
3) Group idea exchange
Tuesday, May 16, 2017
Tuesday, July 18, 2017
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
For more information, contact me at email@example.com.